I promised a couple of weeks ago to show you how I was keeping track of my tasks now that I am doing ‘theme days‘ in the office. I tried several things including paper print outs, the alarms in my phone, the reminder list on my iPad and Google Calendar App. The thing is, I wanted to be able to see EVERYTHING that needed to be done in my day, not just business stuff.
Then I remembered Motivated Moms. This is a printable planner or app that breaks up housekeeping tasks over a year and tells you what to do each day. You check things off and lo, your house get cleaner and more organized piece by piece rather than you having to stare down into the neverending abyss of “I have no idea where to start” and “This will never end”. It really suited me.
Motivated Moms Save the Day
Fortunately with the app, you can add your own categories and tasks, so I added a business section (they call it a “room”) and put in the tasks for each theme day. I do those task, taking breaks to do things like dishes and laundry and then I stop. Full stop. The other tasks will get done. They are on the schedule. Now, punch out.
My Theme Day Tasks
…as they appear on my app:
- Confirm last week’s bookings / preliminary hostess coaching
- Create Facebook Events
- Schedule PostMyParty posts
- Touch base with hostesses for upcoming weekend parties
- Follow up via text with customers from parties two weeks prior
- Thank guests from the previous weekend for attending via text
- Follow up / make appointments with recent recruiting leads
- Make sponsoring packets*
- Post in Facebook group for my recruiting leads
- Check in my downline team
- Post in Facebook team group
- Fill open dates
- Make hostess packets *
- Mail hostess packets / party confirmations
- Make gardening gifts*
- Hostess coaching
- Label & replenish inventory
- Label catalogs
- Reset Hot Hearts
- Ship backorders
- Text Friday party hostess
- Charge Card Reader
- Text Saturday party hostesses
- PARTAY! (maybe even twice!)
- Bankings thanks to ATM deposit!
- Place order
* I usually only have to do these two tasks a couple of times per month tops, but on theme days, I do check how many I currently have.