The holidays are coming so I have busted out my stocking for my favorite holiday booking game. Still one of my favorites!
The formula for booking parties from party is simple.
- Ask every guest either through a game or during ordering.
- Give them an incentive to book that night in the form of bonus either for themselves or the hostess or both.
Pass or Play Booking Game with a Christmas Twist
- Gift boxes, labeled candy, bright envelopes, decorated straws, etc inside of which you have concealed a prize that the person will get at their party if they book tonight. For this Christmas Edition, I’ve put pictures of the bonus products on cards.
- A basket, cup, large box full of these game pieces to pass around the room. For the Christmas Edition, I’ve put my cards in stocking.
How to play:
- Hold up your basket, cup or stocking and explain that you will be passing it around.
- Explain them that inside each game piece is a prize that they will win if they book a party that night.
- If they pull a game piece, they are committing to the party and get to see what they’ve won. Note: Alternately, I let everyone draw and decide then if they want to book. I find that the booking rate is about the same either way.
- Pass around the basket. Make sure EVERY person touches it and has the chance to decide if they are going to “Pass or Play”.
This is basically the same booking game I played last month with the Halloween candy. I think you could probably come up with a hundred variation on this theme.
Have any of you ever played “Pass or play” or a variation thereof?